This is a message I shared this past weekend at the Set Free Conference at Changepoint Church in Poughkeepsie, NY.
There are so many places in our lives where we can feel broken. Our brokenness can often drive us away from God, when He wants us to take our brokenness and let it drive us to Him.
Do you feel:
- Broken – Do you wonder if God could ever heal your heart from the damage that’s been done?
- Rejected – You don’t feel like you measure up.
- Ignored – Do you often feel overlooked, as though you don’t matter?
- Empty/ Unfulfilled – Maybe you’re in a spiritual desert, and you just don’t feel God anymore. You know He’s there, but feeling Him is a whole other thing.
- Lonely – There may be a pit of emptiness in the deepest parts of you that you can never seem to fill.
- Forgotten, Misunderstood – Do you feel like no one really “gets” you?
- Hopeless – Is despair a common feeling for you?
- Inadequate / Not good enough / Something is wrong with you? –Are you afraid that people would reject you if they knew about your past? Maybe they already have.
- Do you wear a mask? – You’ve worn a mask so long that you don’t even know who you really are without it.
- Unloved, Angry or Guilt-ridden – Guilt is something so many people carry, and we weren’t meant to carry this heavy burden.
- Grieved – Maybe an overwhelming sense of grief wakes you up at night
- Failure – Do you feel like you’re a failure?
- Regret? Fearful – Do you feel paralyzed by worry and fear?
- Maybe you don’t deal with any of these things, but your life is lacking the joy that you know you’re supposed to have.
When is the last time you felt forgotten and alone? Have you ever felt like you could disappear, and no one would notice until they realized your responsibilities weren’t being taken care of? I know that I have felt this way at times.
Psalm 139:1-6 says, “You have searched me, LORD, and You know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue You, LORD, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and You lay Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.”
Jesus knows us better than our mothers, fathers, spouses, friends, and even ourselves.
He never forgets about us.
He sees every detail.
When you feel as though the world has stomped all over your heart, Jesus is waiting for you to sit down by His feet, so He can minister to you. Read more
Do you have a gift or talent that you have been hesitant to use? I want to encourage you with a quick story regarding a friend of mine:
Have you been lied to, rejected, or betrayed by someone? I want to share with you with what the Holy Spirit encouraged me with this morning.
It almost seems funny to talk about resting this time of year. Resting can seem like a nice idea, but not too realistic. Whether we’re talking about physically resting – or maybe even mentally or emotionally – both can seem daunting at times.
Do you know that there is a way for us to rest, despite what’s going on around us?
To be honest, this is something I am still working on. I can make the decision to rest physically when I need to, but resting my emotions and trusting them with God (instead of worrying or striving) can be a big challenge for me. I am a thinker, and my mind tends to run all day long.
How about you? Read more